Frequently Asked Questions
Please feel free to browse our frequently asked questions section, to find answers to some of the
more common heating and plumbing questions.
Have a question about our services?
No matter what type of boiler your household has our team of experts can quickly diagnose and repair your boiler no matter which brand using quality components and parts, all work is covered with a minimum 1 year labour and parts guarantee.
Are your engineers
Gas Safe registered?
Yes, our engineers Gas Safe Registered. Our registration number is 212554. We will also issue an appliance notification, which is a legal requirement sine April 2009.
Can you arrange installation?
As Gas Safe Registered engineers, we install all gas appliances and we can also fit all electric appliances along with fire surrounds, central heating radiators and any other gas or electric appliance.
What should I do if I have
a burst pipe?
For a burst pipe emergency, a burst pipe is classed as a water emergency, it can cause serious damage to your home's structure and electrical wiring. The following steps describe what you can do to help as soon as you discover you have a burst pipe:
- Firstly turn off the main stop tap - most are fitted under the kitchen sink or where the service pipe enters your home.
- Drain the system - you will need to turn on all your cold taps.
- Turn off water heating systems - switch off the central heating, immersion heater and any other water heating systems that you have. Once water heating has shut down, turn on all the hot taps to help drain the system.
- Turn off the electrics, if water leaks near your electrics or electrical appliances, switch off the
- Then call a professional to repair the damage.
How can I prevent frozen pipes?
Preventing burst pipes, you can avoid burst pipes and leaks damage by putting some of these prevention measures into place. As frozen pipes often burst, winter care is crucial. Try some of the following care tips:
- Insulate your loft - and the sides of your water tanks
- Insulate all your pipes - Open the loft trap door on cold days to let heat in.
- Re-new a washer on dripping taps because if they freeze, they’ll block the pipe.
- Know where your main stop tap is. Check regularly that you can turn it off in an emergency in very cold weather.
- Try to put your central heating on low or set it to come on a couple of times a day, especially if you’re going away.
Do you charge an initial
call out fee?
No we do not! We understand many companies do charge an initial call out fee and then charge from the moment they start work but we do not! We only charge from the moment we start work at your property. The first hour is always a full hour charge even if we have completed the works before that first hour. After the first hour we charge per half hour.
What make of boilers
do you supply?
We are Gold accredited installers for Worcester Bosch, which means we can offer up to 10 year guarantees on new boilers installed by us.
How long will it take to service
my gas boiler?
A gas boiler service normally takes between 20 minutes to 1 hour depending on age and how long since last service.
What should I have a frozen pipe?
For a frozen pipe emergency, a frozen pipe is also classed as an emergency, because this can cause it to burst causing water to come pouring from the break. The following steps describe what you can do if you discover you have a frozen pipe:
- Turn off the water supply, this is done by, turning off the main stop tap.
- Beat the bursts, protect everything around the pipe that appears to be frozen to avoid damage if it does bursts.
- Thawing out, open the tap nearest to the part of the pipe you think is frozen so the water can flow through when it has melted.
- You can thaw the ice in the pipe with a hot water bottle or even very carefully with a hairdryer.
- Call a professional to repair any damage.